Decaversary Interview May 4, 2018
for e2, drafted February 10, 2017
1. What is your name?
raincomplex. i chose it for myself the way the ancients chose their adult names, with a vision quest. except the vision was my life, and the complex is the way i feel about the world, and the rain falls just up the road a bit, as the storm is coming, thunder
2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?
i am a simple human boy, an old soul who never really grew up. i live in new jersey where it is beautiful with my family, and i am alone. i am a programmer and i love everything. i follow the river
3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?
i don't remember. i started with a bunch of my writeups getting nuked, and from then on i was hooked
4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?
i know what peace is and i cannot touch it. i fall in love so easily with the people and things of the world -- this place is truly delicious and we waste such large percentages of our time calculating and tripping on refuse, failing to walk into the trees and accept injury for the blessing it -- i'm sorry what
5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?
i liked finding people who liked what i wrote, and who wrote things that i liked. i did not like when people complained about the things that i liked, and deleted things for petty reasons that were beautiful or challenging or both
6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)?
people reading my stuff, then i didn't write anything for a while, and now i'm back. i plan on writing until i don't have anything left to say. might take a while, i keep writing about the same things over and over. but there's a lot of perspective to cover
7. What do you hope for E2's future?
that it either dies and becomes a book, or lives forever as a tiny community passed from shoulder to shoulder
8. What does E2 mean to you?
it is the embodiment of humans in text form. you know that ghost writer scene where the girl talks about the cowboys of cyber space? like that
9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?
if i ever told you i liked something you wrote you deserve to be on my favorites list, so use your imagination. that's why we're all here, isn't it? shoutout to the #mc crew. i miss aerobe, ushdf, and ariloulaleelay
10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?
i would. please call me if this happens. if i am not available i have been told that some fractals in a jacket would make a fine substitute. you may also need a keyboard, a bicycle wheel, and a cup of hot tea to perform the animation ritual
11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."
the basement of an abandoned church, still used for bridge twice a week
12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?
Q: where did you bury the gold?
A: you'll have to solve the riddles if you want the treasure
i'm just kidding there definitely isn't a series of riddles hidden throughout all of my writeups that leads to gold buried somewhere in the united states or canada
Next: a distant reflection
Previous: Robots don't write poetry. Anymore.